Friday, April 15, 2011

0 Portraiture


Just recently, I bought a new DSLR camera -- entry-level Nikon D3100 -- that came with the default kit 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 zoom lens. The reason I bought one is to pursue one of my passion, which is photography, and at the same time get good pictures for my baby. At first I was opting to get a point-and-shoot, but now I figured it was a good decision to get a full DSLR. Choosing SLR has many advantages compared to point-and-shoots. Although the price difference is very big, the photographs between the two has also a big difference.

Then I consulted my housemate(who owns a Nikon D3S) on which lenses are suitable for portraits. He then shown me some of his choices, which mostly prime lenses. I really like to get one of those high-end prime lenses, but the problem is the price. Some of them costs as much as the D3S body... to the tune of $7000. That's what you call expensive. I've laid my eyes on those cheaper ones and I will try my best to get those lenses as soon as possible. The only way to get those right now is to take little steps, saving a little, and over time I will be able to buy those prime lenses.

For now, my target is this: Nikkor 50 mm f/1.8D AF

image from Nikon USA website

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note - If you are asking a question, click 'Subscribe By Email' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.