Monday, January 3, 2011

0 Fried Hokkien Mee love it!


During my second week here in Singapore, I came across with this tasty dish. It's called Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodle. Well, it's what they call it in Hup Seng food stall in the hawker center near our flat. My sister calls it Hokkien mee. I call it the best stir fried noodles I've had... so far.


Photo from Wikipedia
It's a version of stir fried egg noodles and rice noodles with bean sprouts, prawns, squid, egg, and bits of pork meat and lard. The newly cooked noodles are served with a dab of sambal chili and a piece of lime. The first time I had the chance to eat these noodles, I noticed the fragrant smell that makes your mouth water in no time. In case you've tried this one, then good for you. High five!

I ordered one to go - take away - that's how they say it here when ordering food. I can smell the noodles through the bag I'm holding while walking back to the flat. With my mouth watering and my stomach rumbling, I quickly went in and placed the heavenly noodles to a plate for a quick eat. I took pictures of before and after the noodle fest. It took me only about 5 minutes to finish the noodles. It's better to eat these noodles smoking hot and finish before they get cold.


Now you see it...

















Now you don't.
















You should try the Fried Hokkien Prawn Noodles once you're in Singapore. Most of the food stalls and food courts serve this dish and you won't have to spend too much to buy one. A single order, which is by the way more than enough, will cost you from $3.50 - $6.00, depending on the location of the food stall. Remember that food courts and hawker-like food centers with air-conditioning will cost you more than the hawker center and food stalls outside.

Watch out for the next post about the delicious Hokkien mee as I will be searching for the best stir fried Hokkien prawn noodles around Singapore. If you have a tip or suggestion where to find one, just leave it in the comments section. Don't forget to fill in your name and email address so that I could thank you personally.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note - If you are asking a question, click 'Subscribe By Email' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.