Friday, June 17, 2011

0 BCG for my baby


Earlier today, my baby's pediatrician administered another vaccine to her. It's called BCG or Bacillus Calmette-Guérin vaccine. This is for preventing my baby from acquiring tuberculosis. Last June 13, the doctor also gave her the second shot vaccine against hepatitis-b.

That time, she was out of breath when she her skin was punctured and cried afterward. My heart was broken when I saw my baby cried like that. It was heartbreaking, really. I couldn't do anything but to pretend that it did not affect me at all.

Today, my wife told me that my baby didn't cry when she was given the BCG vaccine. But she cried when they wrapped her in a blanket and held them to prevent the baby from moving while she was being vaccinated.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note - If you are asking a question, click 'Subscribe By Email' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.