Did you received a call or an email from a hiring personnel for a scheduled interview? Don't know how to prepare for an interview? Fortunately, you found this.
I compiled these tips to guide and help you increase your chances for a successful interview.
Here are 6 tips for increasing your chances of landing that dream job.
1. Be nervous before the interview, not during the interview. It's normal to feel nervous, especially on interviews for jobs outside your country. You need to take control of yourself before the interview starts. Calm yourself, and breathe deeply*.
2. Exude confidence. Half of the battle is already won if you're confident enough during the interview.
3. Be yourself. You don't have to speak on a British or American accent, unless you're applying for a call center position or there's a need for that.
4. Speak up, slowly and clearly. This will make the way for your answers to get through to the interviewer. Speaking very fast may confuse the other person as well as give the impression that you are nervous. Mumbling your answers is also not helpful.
5. Be candid on your answers. Explain only when asked. This will minimize the chances of saying something incorrectly.
6. Ask questions to your interviewer. This should be done after the interview before closing. Asking relevant questions will tell the prospective employer that you are interested in their company.
*Scientific Explanation: Shallow breathing gives less oxygen to your brain, thus affecting the way you think and formulate answers.
I hope these tips help you, because these sure helped me a lot during the time I was interviewed for a position here in Singapore.
Good luck! For questions or clarifications, just hit the comments.